**Update: The winner is Cynthia R!
Being a professional procrastinator, there are very few things that I do in the moment. I like to plan things out and then put them off, indefinitely if at all possible. It’s not that I’m lazy or anything, it’s just that I like to be efficient with my time. One of the things in my life that gets almost no attention at all, except for a twice monthly gas fill-up, is my car.
Quick – what is one thing that you are always putting off when it comes to car maintenance?
I am sure most of you said that you would like to find all of those french fries that fell between the seats to see if they have started decomposing yet (they haven’t). One thing that I always put off is an oil change. I don’t like sitting in the waiting room watching a television that has no volume wondering when my car will be done. Because when they say it’ll take 30 minutes it inevitably takes an hour or more. Not because my car has issues, but because they get backed up.
Every year I tell myself that I am going to be nicer to my car. I am going to treat it with the respect that it deserves. I am going to try to look at it this way…when I put gas into my car I am feeding the car. When I get the oil and air filter changed I am taking my car to the doctor for a shot or a checkup. Shots are necessary to your overall health, just as oil changes are. *sigh* Sadly, I really don’t know much about oil changes. I know nothing of the difference between the types of oil, what my air filter should look like or how to really use a dip stick.
So when Motor Oil Matters (MOM) contacted me it was basically a lightning bolt of guilt that I haven’t gotten my oil changed in 6 months…even though I have been meaning to. Don’t even get me started as to the last time I had my air filter replaced.
After reading through the MOM site, I understood what Motor Oil does in my car and why I need to keep it fresh, how MOM is here to help us understand our motor oil needs, and how MOM can point us in the right direction when it comes to where to get a great oil change. If you are like me your head still isn’t quite getting the need to care about your motor oil. Here are some reasons to understand why MOM is helping us to keep our cars in shape:
- AAA expects between the major summer holidays of Memorial Day and Labor Day to aid over eight million motorists, and cautions drivers that auto maintenance is key to avoiding summertime travel breakdowns. Ensuring quality motor oil in your car is one way to prevent road trip problems.
- Motor Oil Matters, or MOM, a new consumer education and industry watchdog program by the American Petroleum Institute, has been established to stress the benefits of quality licensed motor oils and call on to the carpet those who engage in deceptive practices.
- Service-locators can be quick to offer discounted services to people who are looking to reduce their automotive maintenance costs. Make sure your service provider is pouring quality motor oil into your car before you decide on a cheaper deal.
Have you always wanted to know more about what happens during your oil change or the questions you should be asking to make sure you are getting the best oil and service available? MOM put together this check list that you should take to your next oil change to see how your oil change provider stacks up.
MOM is providing me with a $50 gift card to get my oil changed and to get a new air filter. Is it horribly adult of me that this excites me? Never did I think that the opportunity to get my oil changed would make me happy. Ah…being an adult is enlightening.
Want to win a $50 gift card to get an oil change for yourself?
**To enter this Motor Oil Matters $50 Oil Change Gift Card Giveaway tell me how diligent you are on getting your oil changed on time. (1 entry)
Please do not forget to include your email address. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
**For extra entries do any of the following:
- Follow me on Twitter (1 extra entry)
- Become a fan of There Are Two Sides on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Instagram (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on BlogLovin or through your email (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Pinterest (1 extra entry)
- Blog or Tweet about this giveaway and link back to this page, send me an email letting me know you’ve done so (2 extra entries)
(This giveaway ends on July 29 at 12:00pm EST)