Now that the two ‘eating’ holidays are over you can attempt to get back to a regular routine. A lot of people I know are setting some great goals or resolutions for themselves for the next year. My main goal: don’t suck. Generally that gets me through a lot of situations. Apparently, only 8% of people achieve their resolutions says Forbes. And a lot of resolutions don’t even make it to February. Wow, right?
One of the most popular resolutions is to get healthy/lose weight/get fit. A great way to get fit/lose weight/get healthy is to exercise. My favorite form is running. Training for the first 5k is very common among new runners in January. Maybe the seasoned runners are making a resolution to run a half marathon or a full. All very ambitious, but reachable, goals.
As you know, am the inaugural Medical Mutual Glass City Marathon race ambassador (or queen Ambassador as my title stands). I love that I have the opportunity to talk to everyone more about this race and how much it means to me. I learn so much more about what goes into the makings of a multi-race event – hint: it’s a hell of a lot more than you think.
As part of my ambassador-ship I have two free race entries to giveaway to my readers! The free entry can be used on the 5K, Owens Corning Glass City Half Marathon and the Medical Mutual Glass City Marathon (the free entry cannot be used on the marathon relay). If you aren’t from Toledo or NW Ohio, why would you want to run Glass City?
* This marathon is a Boston Qualifier. There is very little elevation change which means this is a fast and flat course.
* Commemorative finishers medal (for the half and full)
* Commemorative finishers glass mug (for the half and full)
* First-time marathoners get a commemorative coin to mark the event
* Chip timing
* Finishers certificate
* Results book (mailed after the event)
* A great expo
* Massages after the race and entrance to the post race party
I have run both the Owens Corning half marathon and the Medical Mutual marathon and I loved both courses. There were tons of volunteers around, great spectators and ample water stops. I am 99% sure I am running the full again in 2014.
Want to win one of two free entries to your race of choice at the Medical Mutual Glass City Marathon (sans relay)??
And if you tragically don’t win a free race entry you can register here.
**Tell me what race you would enter if you won this free race entry (1 entry).
Please do not forget to include your email address. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
**For extra entries do any of the following:
– Follow me on Twitter (1 extra entry)
– Become a fan of There Are Two Sides on Facebook (1 extra entry)
– Follow me on Instagram (1 extra entry)
– Follow me on BlogLovin or through your email (1 extra entry)
– Follow me on Pinterest (1 extra entry)
(This giveaway ends on January 10, 2014 at 12:00pm EST)
I am not buying you a race entry, the amazing people who put together this race weekend are allowing me to sneak you in for free because I am an ambassador.